Recipe for Gujiya is a traditional dessert. People use to make gujiya on Diwali. People often make it on Holi. Gujiya is made on any occasion mostly in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi-Mumbai, and Rajasthan as well as in Madhya Pradesh.
Gujiya is a special dessert of Holi festival. Gujiya is very tasty and healthy. Its test is like sweets. Especially my family loves this sweet & dessert. Gujiya is Dumpling type of Dish.
Read Other Sweets & Dessert:
How to Make Gujiya Nutritional Value:
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19.1g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||56%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|
|Total Sugars 8.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
*% Daily value tells you how much nutrients contribute to the daily diet. In general nutrition, 2,000 calories per day are used by a person.
How to Make Gujiya
Ingredient of Recipe for Gujiya:
- 300 grams Plain Flour
- 250 grams Dried milk
- 200 grams Sugar
- 100 grams Semolina
- 50 grams Almonds
- 50 grams Raisins
- 50 grams Cashew
- 50 grams Coconut
- 50 grams Chironji
- 500 grams Ghee
Instructions- Step by Step (click camera to hide/show photos)
Preparation of Recipe for Gujiya:
- First, take out plain (maida) flour and Add plain (maida) flour into plate or bowl.
- Then add 100 gram of ghee in plate or bowl.
- Now mix the plain (maida) flour with ghee from your hand and rub it properly.
- When ghee is mixed with plain flour, then you should add water to mixture of ghee and maida slowly and make dough to make gujiya.
Making Gujiya Recipe Step by Step
- Make the sugar’s boora, or grind it in the grinder. If you want to know the method of making boora, then click on the link of our given article and video.
- After that, turn on the gas and place the pan on it.
- Then add one tablespoon of ghee and roast rava.
- Keep stirring it till rava change its color. If the color of rava turns golden-brown then understand that it is done.
- Now take rava out of pan in a plate and add two tablespoon of ghee in it.
- Then add almonds, cashews, Raisins and chironji to it and fry it for 2 minutes.
- When it turns light brown, remove the almonds, cashews and chironji.
- After that, fry the grated coconut till it becomes light brown then after that, chopall the nuts finely.
- Now roost mawa in pan to make staffing and then fry it till the color change.
- After that add mawa, rava, sugar, finely chopped nuts in a big plate and mix it well with hands.
Fill Stuffing in Recipe for Gujiya Using Mold:
- Then again we will apply pressure on dough till 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then we will make small ball from dough.
- Then after, roll that small ball on roller by rolling pin.
- Now most important step.
- Take gujiya mold put a rolled ball on it. Now put stuffing on rolled ball and close the mold and press it properly.
- Now open mold and take gujiya out of it. Now our gujiya is ready to be fry in pan.
- Now make other gujiya by the same process.
Now Gujiya Sweet is ready to be Fried:
- Now again turn on the gas and put the pan on it.
- Then add oil to it. When the oil gets hot, add Gujiya in it.
- Now let gujiya be fry till it turns light brown.
Serve Recipe for Gujiya:
- Serve your favourite handmade gujiya at home to your special guest on this holi.
Suggestion for Recipe for Gujiya:
- Children love this sweet so you can make it anytime only remember that offer this to children when gujiya cools down. Otherwise it can get stick in their mouth.