Mathura ke Pede with Mawa-Khoya is the main dessert of the holy festival Janmashtami, the birth anniversary of Shri Krishna. Lord Sri Krishna loves Mathura ka pede. This dessert is offered to Lord Krishna at the Janmashtami which is birthday of Lord Krishna. This dessert is a traditional dessert of Mathura.
Watch Mathura ke Pede In Hindi:
Read other Sweet and Dessert recipe:
- Best Homemade Mava Recipe or Khoya Recipe-2021
- How to Make Gulab Jamun at Home- (Outstanding! & No-1)
How to Make Mathura ke Pede Nutritional Value
|Nutrition Facts of Mathura ke Pade|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.6g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
|Total Sugars 22.8g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mathura ke Pede (step by step)
- 250 grams Mawa
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 cup dry fruits (cashew, pistachios)
- 1 cup milk
- 10-12 pieces saffron thread
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
Instructions- Step by Step (click camera to hide/show photos)
Preparations for making Mathura Peda recipe
- First, collect the material shown in the picture.
- The method of making Mathura Pedas is very simple. First, we are going to add saffron to the cup filled with milk.
- Cut the almonds and pistachios on the chopping board in long shape, and grind thesugar in the grinder.
Mathura ke pede step by step
- First of all, take a thick bottom pan and put the gas on. Then add Mawa and roast it.
- When the mawa turns dark brown then add milk to it. Put the gas on the medium flame and keep stirring the mawa again and again.
- When mawa starts drying milk, add cardamom powder to it. Adding cardamom powder increases its taste. After this, we will turn off the gas.
- Then take out the mawa in a bowl and keep it to cool down. Remember that the mawa is not allowed to cool down for a long time.
- When the light mawa is hot, then only sugar will be added to it.
- After mixing the sugar well, if we suppress it as a sphere like lemon, it will become a small peda.
- After that we will decorate the peda. Put the chopped pistachios in the middle of the almond pedal and pressurize it.
- NowMathura peda is ready to be offered to Shri Krishna.